Celebrate Dr. King

As I type this, I'm simultaneously drafting a list for what I need while I'm in San Francisco this long weekend. For me, this weekend has been on the horizon for a while, as it is the extended weekend I will be visiting my mom. However, it's also the weekend in which we celebrate the late, great Martin Luther King, Jr. When I was in the classroom, we learned this influential leader with my kiddos, regardless of their age, through books, discussions, videos and hands-on activities.





MLK Day celebrates the life and legacy of the inspirational, compassionate leader, Martin Luther King, Jr. We commemorate the timeless values he taught us through his non-violent examples and protests. On this day, remember and honor the life and contributions of one of America's greatest Civil Rights leaders.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday was signed into law by President Reagan in January 1983. Celebrated on the third Monday of January each year, MLK Day is a time when the nation pauses to remember and celebrate Dr. King, his life and work, and honor his legacy and contributions to humankind.

For more inspiration from Dr. King himself, check out this terrific infographic from Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 24. This graphic includes influential quotes from Dr. King to help inspire your "day on, not day off"

Happy Dr. King Day!


Comments

Popular Posts